Wednesday 30 July 2008

July Book Blowout round-up


This challenge has come to an end, (well officially it ends tomorrow but I won't finish Bellefleur tomorrow so its ended for me). I aimed to read 13 books and ended up beating that target by 1 and a half books.

My favorite out of the 13 would be joint between Persepolis and Twilight, there was a few books in there which weren't amazing but it was generally a good month. I liked having a goal for the month, and for once being able to meet it!
Mrs S' questions:
1. Did you discover a new author?
10 out of the 14 where new-to-me authors!
2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading?
I read in all my usual haunts plus the garden as it finally got sunny.
3. Did you read more than usual?
I read more than a normal month as it is now the summer holidays so I have days on end to fill with reading ;-D
4. Did you give up anything in order to read more?
Working on all the stuff I planned to get ahead with for next term
5. If you won the Amazon voucher what would you spend it on?
Books, possibly The Beadle and the Bard pre-order
6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout?
Yeah, was nice to keep track of what I had read in a month

My What I actually have read list:
I finished The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble 1/2

1. Junky - William Burroughs
2. Stardust - Neil Gaiman
3. Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
4. Siddartha, Hesse
5. Persepolis
6. Breakfast at Tiffany's, Capote
7. Stuart: A Life Backwards, Masters
8. Persepolis, Satrapi
9. The Unabridged Pocket Book of Lightning, Foer
10. The Secrets We Keep, Monroe
11. Mirrormask, Gaiman
12. Journey to the River Sea, Ibbotson
13. Gatty, Crossley-Holland
14. Tomaree, Robson

1 comment:

Anna said...

Mmm, I love the Twilight series. Breaking Dawn comes out Saturday which equals two days from now! I'm so excited. :D

hope.