Friday 18 July 2008

My Thoughts: Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote


Of course I've seen the film, hasn't everyone? But I always meant to read the book, it's one of those classics that you just feel you should have read, and when the Classics Challenge came along I pushed my butt to finally get around to reading it, and boy I wasn't disappointed.

For anyone that's been living on another planet, Breakfast at Tiffany's is about Holly Golightly, a stunning New York girl who has men falling at her feet. As well as being beautiful Holly has a way of charming all the men around her, they know that there are others but they just feel drawn to her. Even the reader falls in love with Holly, we can see all the things she does wrong but as she is not malicious, we like the men forgive her.

The novella, at only 100 pages, is a real quick and easy read, its light tone and humour were just what I needed after a tiring last week at school bogged down with a cold, and spending my Friday night in.


Challenges:






If you have reviewed this book please add a link in the comments and I'll place it into this page.

3 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I haven't seen the movie--shhhh-don't tell anyone!! Sounds like a really fun read. Dang girl, you are bookin' through the classics challenge! Only 3 more to go. :)

TheBlackSheep said...

I haven't seen the movie either, but I do want to read the book. It sounds good and I could use something light.

Unknown said...

Hi
I contact you by comment because I didn’t find any other way to do it.
I’m Andrea, Mperience Communication Manager (www.mperience.com). We like your post and we already inserted on our page dedicated to [Breakfast at Tiffany's] (http://www.mperience.com/view/Breakfast_at_Tiffany's_(novella))

We have many themes in common with your blog, as you can see, and we would like to publish on Mperience some other your articles.
We’ll appreciate if , you can put on your blog the Mperience’s reference, just copying and pasting the html code I will send you later, if you agree.
Let’s keep in touch!
Please contact me for any further information, questions or suggestions.

Andrea
Mperience
andrea.salvi@mperience.com