Wednesday 7 January 2009

Chunkster Chllenge 09

The Chunkster Challenge

*A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or
nonfiction) Don't complain folks, I read all thousands of pages of the
Twilight series and they were good, but not a challenge.
A chunkster should be a challenge.
*If you read large type
books your book will need to be 525 pages or more I asked around and
the average LT book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair
estimate.
*No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn't seem
right. Words on paper for this one folks.
* You may start any time after
signing up. You must complete your reads before or on Nov 15th.
*Short
Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.
*Books may crossover
with other challenges (see option 4 for a collaborative effort
with TBR challenge)
*Only option 4 requires that you make a set
list of books to complete the challenge
Those are the basics. Here are your
options:
*The Chubby Chunkster - this option is for the reader who
has a large tome or two to read, but really doesn't want to commit to more than
that. 2 books is all you need to finish this challenge.
*Do These Books
Make my Butt Look Big? - this option is for the slightly heavier reader who
wants to commit to 3-5 Chunksters over the next ten
months.
*Mor-book-ly Obese - This is for the truly out of
control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or
more chunksters OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want
to.....go on and give in to your cravings.

And lastly, in an
intriguing collaboration with the wildly popular Miz B of
the TBR Challenge we
have:
*Too Big To Ignore Anymore - this option is for
those chunksters on your TBR list. You may select any number
of books over 450 pages but you must LIST THEM to complete the challenge and
they must be on your TBR list as well (honor code folk, I don't have
time to be the challenge police)
Please sign Mr. Linky with the DIRECT LINK
to your blog post about this challenge!

I'm going for option 3 as I think I will easily read 6 if not more chunksters, infact I'm reading one at the moment - The Northern Clemeny, a 750 page brick of a book. I'm not going to list my books I'll just add them as I read them.

No comments: