Monday 5 January 2009

My Thoughts: The Tales of the Beedle and the Bard.


Do you ever build books up too much before you get around to reading them and then feel let down?

Now I know that had this book been by a different author, hadn't had a slight link to a series I loved I would have regarded it much more highly.
As with the Harry Potter books I expected to start this and not put it down until the very last word. I expected to feel like a little kid again lost in another world. I expected that this book would remain a favorite.
It was ok.
That's probably unfair. I did enjoy some of the little stories, and they are good little alternative fairy tales and I will keep the book so when I have kids I have some slightly sinister fairy tales for them to read, but this only gets 3 stars out of 5 for me.

Have you read it? What did you think?
Challenges:
A-Z (AUTHOR) (1/26)
999 (Fairy tales) (2/81)
Fourth Annual NaJuReMoNoMo (book 2)

No comments: