Monday 3 August 2009

Library Loot and Mail Box Monday




Library Loot is hosted by Eva and Marg.
After saying I was going to try and avoid the library and actually tackle my tbr pile I failed miserably and came back with an armload full as usual.
I picked up:
Good Omens (audiobook) by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (for the Dream King challenge - which I'm really behind in).
Piercing by Ryu Murakami (Japanese Literature Challenge)
Manga Shakespeare: The Tempest (Manga Challenge)
By Hook or By Crook: A Journey in Search of English by David Crystal (for my Language course)
Social History of English by David Leith (for my Language course)
A Year in Green Tea and Tuk-Tuks by Rory Spowers (Non- Fiction 5 and World Citizen Challenge)
Annie John by Jamacia Kincaird (Caribbean Challenge)
The Manderines by Simone de Beauvoir (for a Yahoo group)
The Wilderness by Samantha Harvey (Booker challenge)
Normal by Amy Bloom (World Citizen and Non Fiction 5)
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb (a random pick up because the cover reminded me of Siobhan Dowd's books)
Midnighters: The Secret Hour by Scott Westrfied (Scott Westerfied Mini Challenge)



Mailbox Monday is hosted at The Printed Page this is my first time participating.
These three books arrived via bookcrossing:






Gabriela, Clove and Cinnamon and Dona Flora and Her Two Husbands both by Jorge Amado were both sent by a bookcrossing friend who had seen them on my wishlist - Yay for bookcrossing.
I was sent The Piano Tuner as a mystery book, I knew the locations and first and last letter and that was it, I already own a copy - its a great read - so I will be passing this on to other bookcrossing friends when we meet for dinner tomorrow, and where I'll probably end up picking up more books!

With a mounting tbr pile I know I need to spend less time on the net and more reading! Anyone else have that problem?

3 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I loved A Certain Slant of Light. I thought the whole concept of the story was just so different and it moved me onto more ghost stories.

I love the new look on your blog. It is fabulous.

Kelly said...

I too, need to spend less 'net time and more reading time! I'm getting really behind. Interesting books this week in your mailbox! My mailbox is here.

Marg said...

It's hard to practice self restraint some times isn't it!

Thanks for playing along.