Tuesday 6 October 2009

Library Loot






I've been avoiding the library for a while now as I was trying to tackle the books I had to read without adding more to the pile. Then this week I succumbed and reserved several books because of various read-a-longs and challenges suddenly became very attractive. I still have 5 books reserved so hopefully they will come in soon. Today I picked up these:

Uglies, Scott Westerfeld
I am a Cat, Natsume Soseki (This is for the Japan Read-a-long but I must have a different edition as mine isn't in volumes '~')
Madame Serpent, Jean Plaidy (for a new Historical Novel reading group)
The Knife of Never Letting Go, Patrick Ness (Everyone is talking about it and I hate being left out)
Watchers, Sheila Jacobs( a random grab at the library but looks perfect for Bart's challenge)

I also spent a whopping 90p in the library sale and got The Master and Margarita and The Virago Book Of Witches.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You've made a good choice with The Knife of Never Letting Go

serendipity_viv said...

Two of my favourite dystopian novels. Just finished Uglies and enjoyed it. The Knife of Never Letting Go - a real love hate relationship going on there.

katrina said...

And picked up Pretties today, could throw a sickie and have a week off work so I get to read em all......

Marg said...

I think I should give Scott Westerfield a go one of these days.

Enjoy your loot!s

Eva said...

I loved The Master and Margarita! :)